Tuesday, February 16, 2016

thoughts on finding out

Yesterday was a big day. An important day. A nervous day. A fun day!

Yesterday we had our anatomy scan and we got to find out the gender of little nugget!

I don't know why I was so anxious, I guess I get that way every time I have a check up of any kind.

I want to know everything is ok. That the baby is ok. That's literally all I care about. I start to feel ok after I see or hear proof (just call me Thomas, o ye of little faith!) And I start to doubt as the weeks creep by and there are still weeks to go until you get to check in again. But God is SO GOOD. As soon as the nurse pulled out the ultrasound wand (or whatever it's called) there baby was, all curled up in the fetal position--napping. And when the poking and prodding began you started to move around and the tech said "Well, it looks like you'll be using your girls name!" And just like that we knew what had been predetermined all along. WE'RE HAVING A DAUGHTER!

I really and truly would have been happy no matter what but those words were just so sweet. A girl! For whatever reason I always pictured myself a boy mom--not because I don't want a daughter just because I thought that's how it would be. But we're having a girl and we're so excited and thankful and just...relieved to know? We finally know something about our kid! I loved that she was sitting kind of indian style (like I do) and at one point rolled all the way over onto her face--looking like she was either throwing a fit or trying to escape the wand. (faceplant!) She seemed like she liked being curled up. I can relate!

Before our appointment, we went to Starbucks to sip coffee (I finally got one, I wanted the baby to up and dancing around so there would be no confusion about which gender) and hang out and talk. We ended up playing Checkers and having fun. I think we were both pretty anxious so the Checkers took our mind off of things.


I'll have tons more to write later...I'm so thankful and just trying to live in joy and enjoy this gift to the best of my ability.


No comments:

Post a Comment