Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Peak n' Peek and Niagara Falls

At the end of August we got to take a little trip! In years past we would have never been able to take a trip IN AUGUST due to my teaching schedule. Usually starting August 1st things begin hot and heavy and I don't breathe again until Thanksgiving. Not this year, hallelujah! A few years we tried doing Labor Day trips and the whole time I would be fielding emails, voicemails, and stress stress stress. It was so fun to be able to get away and not have to worry about what was waiting for me when I got back, haha!

First, we visited a golf/ski resort where Ted used to go with his family as a kid, called Peak n' Peek. I have never met someone who is as sentimental about every single thing from their childhood as he is. I know it's not a bad thing, but sometimes I cannot take another story about the bowling alley or where he took Drivers Ed. (Love you!!!) It's not that I don't ever get sentimental but mostly for me the memories are sufficient, lol. I've found that things are usually better in your memory, when you go back things don't have the same golden hue they did when you were first experiencing it.  When you go back they are just places and they aren't as big as you remember. It's just a place instead of the world as you knew it. And then the ennui sets in. But I digress....This childhood sentimentality worked out in my advantage because we had a lot of fun and I got to go to the spa and spend lots of time in the hot tub, sauna, and pool. Win-win. (He golfed). AND the cool thing about the hot tub was that it was indoor/outdoor. You could literally go through the wall and be inside in the hottub. It was pretty cool weather while we were there and at one point it was drizzling and making the hot tub fog and mist in an amazing way. It was so relaxing! Cool rain, warm hot tub. There were some very bored teen girl life guards there who kept turning the music way down because everyone kept thinking the dial to turn the bubbles on was actually the music volume dial. LOL. They seemed like the most bored individuals on the planet until an attractive male teenage life guard arrived on the scene and then they both lit up like CHRISTMAS TREES. Christmas trees I tell ya! I'm sure its the beginnings of a new CW show called Guarding Life or some other nonsense.

After our quick stay at Peak n' Peek we drove to Niagara. (P n P is also in New York). The drive there was really pretty, we drove through Amish Country and Seneca Nation Reservation. Something AMAZING happened on the way. We turned down a side road in Amish Country that said there was an antique store. While looking for the Antique Store we happened upon a PEACOCK FARM. There were all these peacocks roaming the place and they were selling feathers too! I couldn't even believe my eyes. Now I need to figure out what to do with the feathers we bought. So far I've just been hiding them from he cats so they won't eat them. (I'm pretty obsessed with peacocks since we have a town peacock, whom we love). Incase you were wondering the antique store was closed, but had we not turned down that random country road we never would have seen a barrage of peacocks! (Maybe I should have a peacock farm).


We got to Niagara Falls later in the evening...Ted warned me that the town wasn't that big and wasn't that fancy. You know when you hear about things your whole life, you definitely get an image of what it looks like in your head? The town of Niagara Falls wasn't what I thought it would be (I was picturing a native american inspired Gatlinburg type thing). It was more like, Springfield, Ohio. But Niagara Falls State Park was beautiful. Maybe this is common knowledge and I'm an idiot but I did NOT know there are three different falls and NONE OF THEM are called Niagara?! This blew my mind, hehe. The falls are called Horseshoe Falls, American Falls, and Bridal Veil Falls. We took the Maid of the Mist tour and it was awesome. I'll stop rambling now and a ton of pictures that mostly look the same!

Lush!!! 
Love a good Tudor Style! 

 Yay for ivy! 




 Peacock farm!!!!! 





 The earlier in the day you go, the more chances you have of seeing lots of rainbows:) 



 I kept leaning over the edge of the boat trying to absorb as much mist as possible. I really love mist guys! Hehe. 















 king of the world! 



No comments:

Post a Comment