Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hello Goodbye

goodbye 2013, hello 2014.  I promised myself I would take a break from "new years" this year but I guess it wouldn't hurt to tap out a few words.

2013: (in no particular order)

You were the year that GOLD came back. And white wall paint had an uprising against the grey/beige aka "greige" of 2011-2012 fame. People act all like "Oh gold, you're awesome all of a sudden" and gold is all like "HAH you fair-weather friends! I've been around for literally ages and you all have despised me for the likes of silver and brushed nickel and said I looked TACKY FOR OVER A DECADE NOW. But whatevs. I'll take my place in the spotlight where I belong now, you witless oafs". (Yes, gold totally said that). 

You were the year that I turned 30, and I think really grew up over the course of your twelve months. Thanks for getting me there. 

I don't remember specifically if we joined our church in 2012 or 2013 but I think we officially "belong" there now over the course of this year.  

In 2013 I took on more responsibility at work. 

I ran a Cooking Camp!

My niece turned four. What?!

Two friends brought new people into the world. 

This year has cemented my life goals and given me a drive to get there. 

I made the decision and a plan to confront my worst of demons in 2014. 

I had a confrontation that had been brewing for years. I don't think I initiated it right or well, but when the smoke cleared I got to say some things that needed saying. So whether it's a win or a lose it was a lesson. 

It's been a year that made me itch and ache to leave my comfort zone. 

It's been a year that made me realize the desire for "comfort" can be an idol as much as anything else. 

It's been a year of making a few new friends and letting go of some too. 

It's been a year of laughter and fun.

It's been a year of appreciating Teddy more. 

It's been a year of appreciating my family more. 

It's been a year of being thankful for what is instead of dwelling on what isn't. 

It's been a year for friends to fall in love. 

It was the year we got to see Taliesin and tread on uncharted territory and dream of more. 

It's been a year of waking up and going to bed early.

It's been a year of trying new things in the kitchen. 

A year of taking walks and watching birds. 

The year we got our basement finished! 

The year we annoyingly dressed up as Doctor Who for halloween!

It was the year we were married for 6 years. 































New basement (paint much more yellow-y/gold than we thought…oh well!)



I went to NYC with my buddy Janna. Atlas, has the weight of the world on his shoulders. This was year he finally began to shrug. 





We went to Taliesin and it was beautiful and someone asked if we were on our honeymoon. Hah!!! I guess we must like each other or something. 

It was a good year. Maybe even a pivotal one. Who knows? I guess time will tell. 

Happy New Year's!

-CJ



4 comments:

  1. YEAH for 2013. It was a great year. More to come!! Love your recap.

    Also, WITLESS OAF. Hahahahahahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gold DID make a comeback! Is it because of Downton? I was watching this week and everything in their house is guilded! Thanks for the look back at 2013. I hope 2014 is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julie! I know, I really feel Downton DID have a little something to do with that. Wall paper and guilded!!!!

    ReplyDelete